Succulent plants signify timeless love. They set an example by flourishing in very harsh climates. They teach us that no matter how tough the conditions may be, we can survive, and we are stronger than what others think.
Succulent plants like cactus store their water in the steam and the size of the leaves is reduced to the size of a needle so that there is no water loss through transpiration.
In this article we will explore top 15 Succulent Plants Benefits along with below things.
- succulents in the bedroom
- is it good to keep succulents at home
- best succulent plants
- cactus plants benefits
- benefits of succulents in the office
- succulent plants care
- are succulents good for home feng shui
Things To Expect From This Article
- 1 What Are Succulents Meaning And Profile
- 2 Why Succulent Plants Are Trending Now?
- 3 Are Succulent Plants Good For Your Health?
- 4 Top 15 Succulent Plants Benefits
- 4.1 1. Purifying The Air
- 4.2 2. Medicinal Properties
- 4.3 3. Easy To Maintain
- 4.4 4. Adaptable
- 4.5 5. Reduces Stress
- 4.6 6. Nice Gifts
- 4.7 7. Creative Uses
- 4.8 8. Healthy To Eat
- 4.9 9. Increases Focus
- 4.10 10. Increases Productivity
- 4.11 11. Decorative Objects
- 4.12 12. Affordable
- 4.13 13. Reduce Weight
- 4.14 14. Reduces The Risk Of Cancer
- 4.15 15. Helps Reduce Hangovers
- 5 Best Succulent Plants name For Bedroom
- 6 Is Succulent Indoor Plants?
- 7 How Do You Care Succulent Plants Indoors?
- 8 List Of Succulent Plant For Office Desk?
- 9 How To Decorate Succulent Plants?
- 10 Differentiate Between Succulents And Cactus
- 11 FAQs on 15 Succulent Plants Benefits?
- 12 The bottom line
What Are Succulents Meaning And Profile
After hearing this word so many times now, you must ask, “what’s a succulent plant? What are succulents good for?” These are plants with thick parts. The thickness of their leaves helps them to retain water in arid climates and poor soil conditions.
The word succulent is derived from the Latin word succus meaning juice or sap. Succulent plants can retain water in different parts like steam or leaves. Succulents have a lot of medicinal properties and purify the air.
Succulent plants have thick parts which store water like in aloe vera the leaves store water and are thick. Aloe vera gel, which is one of the most favorite ingredients in a lot of medicines and even some cuisines, is found inside the leaves of the aloe vera plant.
This gel-like substance also helps the plant to survive in tough climates. Succulent plants usually have sharp thorns. There is a long list of succulents’ benefits like the gel in its thick parts make the skin clearer, they are a rich source of dietary fiber, and so on.
Why Succulent Plants Are Trending Now?
- The sales of succulent plants online have increased drastically. The reason behind this bloom in a succulent market is the ease of planting it and maintaining it.
- Their growth period is five to nine weeks. Succulent plants can be planted in small glass containers and can be used as a decorative piece in the house and office.
- These succulent plants are very beautiful and need little water to survive. These are the reasons why these plants are making their way into the house as decorative pieces.
- Another reason for the trend is medicinal succulents. There are many succulent plants with medicinal properties like aloe vera, cacti, agave, etc.
- Succulent plants help reduce inflammation in the stomach and can be used to treat burns, cuts, etc.
- For instance, Indian households have traditionally always used aloe vera as the basic ingredient in most skin-related ointments, creams, and balms.
Are Succulent Plants Good For Your Health?
Yes, succulent plants are good for your health. There are a number of succulent health benefits like:
- It improves the air quality by removing all the toxins in the air and humidifies the air and so the quality of air is improved.
- They can be used as medicines in case of burns, cuts, stomachaches etc.
- Plants improve your concentration and green is the color of fortune and prosperity.
- They are a rich-fiber food and are very tasty too.
- Taking care of these plants also reduces stress. After a hard day at work taking care of plants can ease the tension and normalize the blood pressure.
There are a lot more benefits of succulent plants, the list is inexhaustive. We cover a few of its benefits in the following section.
Top 15 Succulent Plants Benefits
The benefits of succulent have a long list and some of those are:
1. Purifying The Air
Succulent plants remove all the toxins from the air and humidify it. This is just the thing you need for your office, since an office is a place where you sit and work for a continuous stretch, get to encounter a lot of stress and don’t get to take breaks. In such a scenario, having a source of refreshing and pure air is always a good idea.
2. Medicinal Properties
Succulent plants help in treating a lot of diseases like ulcer, jaundice etc. These plants can also be used to treat cuts, burns and stomachaches. Some of the medicinal succulents are:
- Agave: this plant is used in treating ulcer, jaundice, toothache etc.
- Aloe vera: this plant helps in reducing inflammation in the stomach and is also good for skin.
- Cacti: these plants are perfect to keep in your office as they help in getting calm and relaxed. It contains many nutrients like high levels of fiber, vitamin C etc. Benefits of cactus for skin include anti-aging properties.
- Stone crops: eating the leaves of this plant help in regulating the blood pressure.
3. Easy To Maintain
These plants are to maintain as they need little water to sustain and can be grown in little glasses which them perfect to be put in office. These plants have thick leaves or stems that store water in them, this is the reason this plant can live with little water. They require a relatively lesser period of growth.
Succulent plants quickly adapt to the conditions. This adaptability is due to their origin as they come from arid regions where there is extensive sunlight and little water so when they are brought to wet areas they adapt quickly. This is beneficial since any
5. Reduces Stress
Recent studies have indicated that after a hard day at work caring for the plants reduces stress. Looking after succulent plants is very easy so they reduce stress faster than any other.
6. Nice Gifts
Succulents can make pretty good gifts. They are adorable, easy to transport and do need much attention as they come from arid regions and adapt quickly. These plants will not ask for additional attention. This way they make a nice gift.
7. Creative Uses
There are many creative uses of succulent plants like show pieces in a café or can be hanged on walls. These are tough plants and can survive long in harsh conditions so their creative use can be increased.
8. Healthy To Eat
These plants are very nutritious to eat. They contain high amounts of dietary fiber and are easy to make. Some of the tasty succulents are pineapple, sea beans, yucca etc.
9. Increases Focus
Studies have proved that having succulent plants on the desk improved focus and also increased the memory retention capacity. Small succulent plants work exceptionally well and also, they take little space on the table.
10. Increases Productivity
The green color calms the mind. You need to have a relaxed and refreshed mind to work to your greatest potential. The ability of succulent plants to reduce toxins in the air goes a long way in creating a productive and happy working environment.
11. Decorative Objects
These succulent plants can be used to decorate your house. You can hang these plants on the wall or put them in a glass bowl. Not only will they increase the quality of air inside the house, but they also look absolutely beautiful.
Succulent plants are available at every nursery and are cheap too.
13. Reduce Weight
Consuming succulent plants can also help in reducing weight as they are rich in fiber and have a lot of water. They are easy to cook and are readily available.
14. Reduces The Risk Of Cancer
Cacti have a lot of antioxidants which make sure that your healthy cells remain healthy and free from radical damage. Studies have proved that cactus can prevent different kinds of cancer.
15. Helps Reduce Hangovers
Succulent plants have flavoring and phenolic which have a lot of medical uses. They also contain vitamins and calcium that help in reducing inflammation in the body.
Best Succulent Plants name For Bedroom
Keeping succulent plants can be a good idea in the bedroom. They promote better sleep as well as a great aesthetic to your decor. There are many benefits of succulents in a home like they can survive in any situation and are easy to look after. Some of the succulent plants that can be used in the bedroom are:
- Peace lily: it is a very beautiful and enduring house plant. It can survive in light as well as dark.
- Parlor palm: this plant thrives in low light. The leaves of this plant can burn if exposed to too much light.
- Snake plant: it is also famous by the name mother in law’s tongue. It purifies the air better than any other house plant.
- Aloe Vera: It’s another great choice (Aloe barbadensis) for the bedroom. It is less maintenance plant as well.
So, you can use succulent plants not only to revamp your home decor but also to enjoy the multiple health benefits they have to offer.
Is Succulent Indoor Plants?
Yes, succulent plants can be grown inside, and some succulents cannot grow in too much light like parlor palm, its leaves are burnt when exposed to much light. Succulent plants adapt to their surroundings very quickly so if kept inside they will not face any problem.
Succulent plants improve the quality of air in the room and also add humidity to the air. The benefits of succulent plants make them good indoor plants.
How Do You Care Succulent Plants Indoors?
Succulent plants are low maintenance, tough plants which quickly adapt to its surroundings. Here’s a list of things, out of many, that you must do to ensure that your succulent plants are healthy:
- Not all succulent plants are indoor plants so first do some research about the plant and then buy it to keep inside your house.
- Make sure that the indoor succulent plants get enough sunlight that they need to sustain themselves.
- Succulents need little water as they come from arid regions so water them less frequently but when you water them give them plenty of it.
- Glass pots for succulents are not good as they cannot drain, and succulents do not like sitting in wet soil.
- Follow all the healthy habits for indoor succulents and bugs will never bug you.
Given their benefits, succulent plants are great both indoors and outdoors!
List Of Succulent Plant For Office Desk?
Succulent plants can reduce the negativity in your office and provide you with high quality air. Some of the succulents for office are:
- Christmas cactus: it can survive in low light. This plant prefers darkness, so sunlight is not necessary for it.
- Little warty: it resembles aloe vera in its shape. This plant needs low light to survive.
- Lace aloe: the leaves of this plant are sword-like. The color of the leaves is dark green with white spots.
- Mona Lisa: this is also known as hen and chicks. It has green and red leaves in a rosette pattern.
- Sweetheart plant: it gets its name because of the shape of its leaves. Its leaves are in the shape of a heart.
To create a healthy, sustainable and refreshing working space, consider keeping succulent plants.
How To Decorate Succulent Plants?
Succulent plants can make your house beautiful with their unique designs and thick leaves. Succulent plants are very beautiful and here are some ways to do so:
- Plant a few succulents in the same pot as they love to have some company and it will give a good look.
- Get a little glass igloo for your succulent. Cover the plant with the igloo.
- You can hang these plants on the wall. Succulent plants do not need much water so you will not have to go through the trouble of pulling it down every day.
- You can get some pots with beautiful designs. Put a lot of succulents together as they look beautiful together.
Employ these measures in creating a beautiful, succulent-based home décor theme at your house!
Differentiate Between Succulents And Cactus
The succulents are not a distinct family. There are succulent plants in many other plant families. A succulent is a diverse group of plants loosely connected. The common point between succulents and cactus is that both of them store water in some parts of their body.
Cactus on the other hand is a defined family. All cacti are succulents but not all succulents are cacti. Cacti have areolas; this is where spines, hairs, and flowers grow from. If a succulent has areolas, then it’s a cactus and if it does not have areolas then it is not a cactus.
FAQs on 15 Succulent Plants Benefits?
Is A Succulent Plant Lucky?
Yes, succulent plants are used in feng shui and are said to bring good fortune. Besides this, there are a lot of health benefits of succulents.
Do All Succulents Purify Air?
Yes, all succulents purify the air and humidify it which increases the quality of air.
Is Succulent Good Inside The House?
Yes, they are good for inside the house as the purify the air and help in reducing the stress
Do Succulents Attract Bugs?
No, succulents do not attract bugs unless you overwater them. So be careful with how much you water them.2. 4.
- Succulents are scientifically proven to have great potential and benefits. They are very versatile and adaptable, which allows them to survive in most climatic conditions.
- This also means that people across the world are at liberty to keep them as indoor or outdoor plants since they’re extremely easy to grow.
- Not only will they offer benefits like replenishing and maintaining air quality, but they also make for super aesthetic gifts and home decoration pieces.
- What’s best, they also form a key ingredient in many culinary cultures. Succulent plants are a blessing in disguise, and one should strive to have at least one in their house.
- Their presence is bound to make a very positive impact in your life.
Did you find 15 Succulent Plants Benefits? helpful? Please follow GardeningLovy Pinterest and leave a comment below, share it, like it, rate it. Write to us Here. We, as a blogger, need all the help, motivation, and appreciation. This small help for Subscribing and sharing on social media will be appreciated! Let us know your feedback in the comment below.
Other gardening article you may like:
My name is Olivia, staying in the United States, and I love to have plants in my garden. Lots of plants are there in my balcony, indoor and outdoor garden also. Here I am trying to share useful tips on gardening, how to grow and care for various plants, etc. Check out more.